It’s that time again; here’s your preview of the upcoming week on Netflix with all the announced new movies and shows coming up over the next 7 days. Netflix has a great selection of its own new originals, plus we also have a few licensed titles to look forward to as well.
As always, you can find daily updates on everything being added to Netflix throughout the week via our new on Netflix hub.
What to watch on Netflix this week
Before we get into our full list of what’s coming, here are three top picks for the coming week.
Tekken: Bloodline (Season 1)
Coming to Netflix: Thursday
Netflix has undoubtedly had a troubled past when converting either anime or video games to live-action, but when converting video games to animation, they have dominated the space. Whether it’s Castlevania or Arcane, Netflix is home to animated adaptations.
Hoping to continue this trend, you’re releasing a brand new series based on the Tekken fighting game series.
Here’s what to expect:
“Jin Kazama learned his family’s self-defense art, Kazama-style traditional martial arts, from his mother at an early age. Yet he was powerless when a monstrous evil suddenly appeared, destroying everything he held dear and changing his life forever. His at himself for being unable to stop it, Jin swore revenge and sought absolute power to claim it, his quest will lead to the ultimate battle on a global stage – The King of Iron Fist Tournament.
Echoes (Limited Series)
Coming to Netflix: Friday
While most of the attention for Netflix Originals will be on the third 365 Days movie, we’re far more excited about Echoes.
Here’s what to expect from the limited series coming at the end of the week:
“A mysterious thriller about two identical twins, Leni and Gina, who share a dangerous secret. Since they were children, Leni and Gina have secretly switched lives, culminating in a double life as adults: they share two homes, two husbands and a child, but everything in their perfectly choreographed world is thrown into disarray when one of the sisters disappears. “
Tyner Rushing, Deja Dee, Isaiah Stratton and Alise Willis star.
A cowgirl’s song (2022)
Coming to Netflix: Sunday
Do you love Heartland? Then you’re probably waiting for the new season to drop, but it won’t be for a while. Possibly closing that gap is the SVOD debut of A cowgirl’s song on Netflix next weekend.
Written and directed by Timothy Armstrong, the film is about an aspiring teenage singer who moves in with his grandmother and discovers his former life as a country music legend.
Full list of what’s coming to Netflix this week
Coming to Netflix August 15th
- Ancient Aliens (Season 4)
- Deepa & Anoop (Season 1) Netflix Original Kids
- Learn to Swim (2021)
Coming to Netflix August 16th
- Endless Love (2014)
- Tim Dillon: A Real Hero (2022) Netflix Original Stand-up Special
- Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist (2022) Netflix Original Documentary
Coming to Netflix August 17th
- High Heat (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
- Junior Baking Show (Season 6) Netflix Original Kids
- Look Both Ways (2022) Original film from Netflix
- The Royalteen (2022) Original film from Netflix
- Unsinkable (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
Coming to Netflix August 18th
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Season 3) Netflix Original Kids
- Inside the Mind of a Cat (2022) Netflix original documentary
- Tekken: Bloodline (Season 1) Netflix Original Anime
Coming to Netflix August 19th
- Echoes (Limited Series) Netflix Original Series
- Glow Up (Season 4) Netflix Original Series
- Kleo (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
- The Assistant (2022)
- The Cuphead Show! (Season 2) Netflix Original Family
- The Girl in the Mirror (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
- The Next 365 Days (2022) Original film from Netflix
- You can do it dear!
Coming to Netflix August 20th
- Fullmetal Alchemist The Revenge of Scar (2022) Original film from Netflix
Coming to Netflix August 21st
- A Cowgirl’s Song (2022)
Are you looking for what’s coming to Netflix for the rest of August 2022, or we’ve also got you covered for what’s coming up in September 2022.